Arrested? Call a Defense Attorney Right Away.
If you’ve been charged with a crime, every decision you make could have serious consequences for your criminal defense case. You don’t know that your words or actions could end up making your situation worse. Rather than hiding yourself in fear of making the wrong move, it is wise to contact someone who knows exactly how to handle your situation. Don’t hesitate to make the right decision and contact a criminal defense attorney right away to ensure that your rights are protected.
At the law offices of Andrews & Sanders in Savannah, we have extensive experience defending clients against criminal charges under Georgia law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. We are knowledgeable and well seasoned in this area of defense. If you’ve been charged or believe you are being investigated, now is the time to act. Contact us for a free phone consultation with a profession criminal defense attorney.
Giving Careful Attention to All Criminal Charges
Our firm’s criminal defense practice is headed up by Doug Andrews, a former prosecutor and president of the Savannah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He understands the criminal justice system inside and out. He has been a part of criminal prosecution and defense, and as such, he is a strong adviser for the possible paths to take in a criminal defense case. Our group of criminal defense attorneys are ready to take your case on. We defend clients against a wide range of felony and misdemeanor criminal charges, including but not limited to the following:
- Drunk driving (DUI)
- Military crimes
- Sex crimes (sexual assault, statutory rape, child pornography, etc.)
- Violent crimes (aggravated assault, armed robbery, homicide, etc.)
- Drug crimes (possession, distribution, manufacturing, etc.)
- Domestic violence (spousal abuse, child abuse, etc.)
- Weapons offenses (illegal possession, use in a crime, etc.)
- Theft (shoplifting, embezzlement, fraud, burglary, etc.)
- Traffic violations (speeding tickets, reckless driving, suspended license, etc.)
- Juvenile crimes
Any criminal charge is a serious matter that requires careful attention and thoughtful counsel. We will conduct a detailed investigation of the facts in your case and will analyze them in light of the applicable law as well as our practical experience with the criminal justice system. We are fully prepared to go to trial and to represent you on appeal if necessary. We stand firm and ready to protect your rights and interests.
If you are a member of the military, you could face additional consequences if you are convicted of a crime allegedly committed off base. This may include administrative discharge, among other charges. There are rules and consequences of the state that you may encounter, as well as those of the military, from whom you are employed. We are familiar with the military consequences of criminal charges, and have experience in defending those accused of such. Our criminal defense attorneys are well equipped to assist and advise you on the best path for your circumstances, while taking the military and state consequences of your alleged actions into careful consideration.
Whatever charges you may be facing, it is best to call an experienced criminal defense attorney to handle the situation. Going it alone may have you ending up worse than you started. Here in Savannah, we offer you our legal expertise on this matter, and more, and we assure you that we will give your case our specific and personal attention. We will be firm where necessary, and understanding as well. If you or someone you know has been charged with criminal indictment, contact us as soon as possible to discuss how we can help you mount an aggressive criminal defense.
Experienced DUI Defense Lawyers
If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Georgia, you are entitled to defend yourself with the help of an attorney. At the law firm of Andrews & Sanders Law Offices in Savannah, we provide vigorous defense representation to people accused of drunk driving.
Attorney Doug Andrews is widely recognized as an authority on DUI law. A former state chief assistant district attorney, he regularly teaches seminars and gives lectures on this topic to law enforcement officials, lawyers and judges. To put his experience on your side, contact us today for a free phone consultation.
Addressing Your Concerns, Protecting Your Rights
Many people do not realize that they should retain a lawyer when they have been arrested for drunk driving. Police officers rarely suggest it, and the courts do not encourage it. But if you have been accused of DUI, you have the same rights as anyone else who has been arrested.
Chances are that you have many questions about the charges that you face and their potential consequences. Common concerns include the following:
- What can I do to avoid a suspended driver’s license?
- What are the consequences of taking or not taking the breath test?
- How will a previous DUI conviction affect my case?
- Could I end up going to jail for DUI?
Hiring our law firm can help you get the answers you need to make decisions about your defense. We have broad experience handling DUI cases and will look into whether you were pulled over in an illegal search or charged based on an improperly administered breath test or field sobriety test. Once we have a clear understanding of the facts, we will recommend a DUI defense strategy.
Understanding Military DUI Consequences
Military personnel and their families may face additional consequences from DUI charges. If you are pulled over and charged off post, you may be barred from driving on post. If you are pulled over on post, your case may end up being prosecuted in federal court.
We are familiar with the unique consequences of DUI charges for military personnel and family members. Contact us to discuss your case with an experienced DUI defense attorney.
Call for your free consultation in Savannah: 866-959-3108.
Legal Advice Backed by Military Experience
Military service members, veterans and their families face unique legal challenges in many different situations. If you have a legal concern where military law might be relevant, an attorney who is not familiar with that body of law, as well as the practicalities of things like military records, may not be able to accurately advise you.
At the law firm of Andrews & Sanders Law Offices in Savannah, Georgia, many of our clients are members of the military, and we have extensive experience in military law. We often represent service members at Fort Stewart Military Reservation and Hunter Army Airfield. For a free phone consultation with an experienced attorney, contact us today.
A Law Firm That Service Members Can Rely On
Our attorneys are devoted to providing comprehensive legal services to military personnel, veterans and their families. Military law touches upon a wide range of issues for people under its jurisdiction, and it is important to work with a lawyer who is familiar with the applicable law.
Within each of our practice areas, all of our attorneys are highly attuned to the unique considerations affecting our many military clients. Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Veterans claims:We help veterans and their families file claims for VA benefits and pursue appeals of denied claims. We also advise clients about veterans pensions.
- Discharge upgrades:If you need to get your discharge upgraded in order to reenlist or obtain VA, educational or retirement benefits, we can help.
- Uniform Code of Military Justice:We counsel clients facing court-martial, military investigations and nonjudicial punishment for infractions ranging from DUI to murder.
- Military divorce:If you are going through a divorce, it is important to work with an attorney who is familiar with military retirement and pension benefits.
- Military medical malpractice: If you were injured during medical treatment that you received on post, there are unique legal limits on your ability to sue for malpractice.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your specific circumstances. We will represent you zealously, giving you the kind of help we would demand for ourselves if we were service members in legal trouble.
Aggressive Advocates for Injured People
If you’ve been injured in any sort of accident or other circumstances caused by someone else’s negligence, retaining a Savannah personal injury lawyer can be the first step toward obtaining the compensation you legally deserve for your medical bills, expenses and pain and suffering.
At the law firm of Andrews & Sanders Law Offices in Savannah, Georgia, we have experience bringing personal injury claims on behalf of people injured in all types of circumstances. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Savannah, Georgia, for a free phone consultation to discuss your potential claim in any of the following areas:
- Auto accidents: If you’ve been injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or any other type of motor vehicle accident, a Georgia car accident lawyer from our firm can help you stand up to the insurance companies and pursue the compensation you need and deserve.
- Dram shop liability: If you were injured by a drunk driver, our law firm can determine if the drunk driver was over-served alcohol by a restaurant, bar, liquor store, nightclub or other business that sells alcohol. If he or she was, the business can be held responsible for the accident. Additionally, if a social host provided alcohol to an underage person or a person that they knew would be driving, the host can be held liable. Georgia statute provides for potential civil liability against a person or business that “sells, furnishes or serves alcoholic beverages” to an underage person or to a person who is noticeably intoxicated and with knowledge that the individual will be driving after drinking.
- Medical malpractice: If you’ve suffered an injury or medical problem because a doctor or hospital breached a medical standard of care, we can help you pursue compensation. If you were hurt at a military medical facility (Fort Stewart Military Reservation and Hunter Army Airfield), we are familiar with the unique laws that apply involving the Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA). We handle many types of medical malpractice claims, including those involving misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose. A knowledgeable Savannah personal injury lawyer can help you get back on your feet financially.
- Defective product accidents: Manufacturers, retailers and distributors of products are liable for any injuries caused by defects in the design or manufacture of those products. We can help you pursue your defective product claim.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Property owners have a legal responsibility to protect the safety of their guests. If you’ve been injured in a fall on the property of another person, a company or a government agency, we may be able to help you obtain compensation.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Animal bites can cause serious injures, including permanent scarring. Under Georgia personal injury law, the owners of dogs and other animals can be held responsible for failing to control them and protect others. Contact an experienced Savannah personal injury lawyer to get justice for your injury today.
- Serious and catastrophic injuries: We provide dedicated legal help to people who have sustained serious injuries such as brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. We consider the long-term implications of your current condition as we seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
- Wrongful death: If you’ve lost a loved one in any type of accident, we understand what a painful and difficult time this is for you. We can advise you about the options for pursuing a wrongful death claim so you can decide what to do next.
Do You Need a Personal Injury or Car Accident Lawyer in Georgia?
We will fight aggressively to obtain the results you deserve. To get an experienced personal injury trial attorney working on your case right away, contact us today.