When things go wrong and your legal rights are at stake, the attorney you choose to represent you is important. You need a passionate, experienced lawyer on your side who will vigorously protect those rights and who has the drive to give your case the time and attention it deserves. At the law office of Christopher J. Geier, we work diligently to help people find solutions to difficult legal challenges.
Beaufort DUI Defense Lawyer Drunk Driving Defense Attorney South Carolina has tough laws against drunk driving. Whether you live in the area or are just visiting or passing through Beaufort, Fripp Island, Bluffton, Hilton Head, Ridgeland or Yemassee, if you have been charged with DUI, you face the possibility of significant criminal and civil penalties. Protect your rights by retaining an experienced DUI lawyer. For the strong defense you need, contact the law office of Christopher J. Geier. Mr. Geier has years of experience successfully defending Driving Under the Influence cases and he is a member of the National College for DUI Defense. He vigorously defends clients against all drunk driving charges, including: DUI / DUAC Underage DUI (drivers under 21) Felony DUI DUI Drugs He also helps clients who face DMV suspension hearings after a refusal to submit to a breath test or blowing a .15 or over. To speak with a criminal defense attorney about a DUI charge, contact our law office in Beaufort, SC. Protect Your Rights Do not plead guilty to a DUI charge before speaking with an attorney. Many people do not understand that they may have options. South Carolina’s DUI laws are highly technical. Unlike many lawyers who deal primarily with typical criminal charges, DUI is a large portion of Mr. Geier’s practice and he regularly attends seminars which deal specifically with DUI laws and DUI defense strategies. Even if you were over the legal limit, you may have a viable defense. If retained to handle your case, Mr. Geier will take time to review the conduct of your arresting officer to determine if the traffic stop and subsequent arrest may be challenged. He will ask key questions on your behalf: Did the officer have sufficient cause to stop your vehicle? Did the officer properly conduct your field sobriety tests? Did the officer properly administer your breath test? Do the videos of the scene comply with the statutory requirements? Did the officer violate your constitutional rights? By investigating the facts that led to your arrest, Mr. Geier hopes to discover errors that may be used to seek a dismissal, acquittal or leverage that is necessary to obtain a more favorable outcome through negotiation or trial. You can trust that Mr. Geier will work diligently to seek the best possible result.
Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation Attorney
- Criminal Defense: We are committed to protecting your freedom, record and rights. Attorney Christopher J. Geier is a former prosecutor and experienced defense attorney who is prepared to provide the strong defense you require. He defends clients in cases ranging from traffic tickets to murder charges. Contact us if you have been charged with a drug crime, assault, burglary, domestic violence, theft, weapons offense, fraud, robbery or other criminal offense.
- DUI Defense: More people are charged with drunk driving offenses than any other type of criminal charge. If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in South Carolina, we can help. We defend clients against all drunk driving charges, including DUI/DUAC, underage DUI, felony DUI and DUI drugs.
- Traffic Violations: We defend clients against speeding tickets, reckless driving charges, driving after suspension charges, charges of disregarding a stop sign or failure to move for an emergency vehicle, and other traffic violations.
- Personal Injury: We are committed to helping people who have been injured due to the negligence and wrongdoing of others. We handle a wide range of personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents, premises liability and other general negligence claims.
- Magistrate Court Cases: Such cases include criminal cases that carry up to 30 days in jail.