THE LEADING MENTAL HEALTH HOSPITAL & ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER IN NEW BALTIMORE, MICHIGAN SINCE 2006
Comprehensive Inpatient Treatment Programs
Harbor Oaks Hospital provides treatment for people of all ages who are struggling with addiction or mental health concerns. If you or a loved one needs care for one of these issues, we can help.
The treatment philosophy of Harbor Oaks Hospital stems from our experience. We believe that people have the capacity to change and that chemical dependency and mental illnesses are treatable concerns. We employ best practices and evidence-based therapeutic interventions within each of our programs so that those entrusted into our care can truly heal from said concerns regardless if they are acute, chronic, or progressive in nature. We also believe that substance abuse and mental illness frequently go hand-in-hand and possess the capacity to adversely affect a person’s physical, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. In lieu of this belief, we have chosen to care for individuals at this hospital with a holistic approach to treatment and adhere to the following principles:
- Respect and show empathy for each and every patient
- Provide culturally competent services
- Recognize the importance of family and peers in the process of recovery
- Remain dedicated to delivering evidence-based treatment while employing best practices
Addictions We Treat
At Harbor Oaks Hospital, we strive to provide services for as many people as can. Our vision is to be the preferred provider of behavioral healthcare services in Southeastern Michigan and beyond by offering care to each patient, who we treat as if he or she was a member of our own family. We believe that an integrated, holistic treatment program, in combination with appropriate social supports, can help individuals and their families recover from mental health concerns and/or substance abuse problems.
Addiction Treatment Programs
Drug addiction treatment programs at Harbor Oaks Hospital in New Baltimore, Michigan
At our addiction and mental health hospital offer comprehensive addiction treatment for adults. Patients who require detoxification are able to safely rid their bodies of harmful substances prior to beginning inpatient programming. Read more about our addiction treatment program here.
- Medical detoxification
- Inpatient addiction treatment
Step 1: Medical Detoxification
An advantageous element of this innovative treatment program is the inclusion of medically-monitored detoxification services. These detox services are available as a first line of defense for those who require medical intervention during the withdrawal process due to the presence of a severe addiction to substances. Physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel supervise the health of each patient so as to minimize the risks involved with withdrawal.
Step 2: Inpatient Addiction Treatment
A typical day in the adult chemical dependency treatment program
Once detox is complete, or if an individual does not require these services, they begin treatment in our inpatient chemical dependency program. Inpatient treatment provides 24/7 supervision, and it is our most acute level of care. There are several treatment methods that patients will engage in during their time in this program. These methods include:
- A wide array of groups geared towards providing education and support
- Once-per-week individual sessions
- Daily meetings with an addictions specialist
- Family education opportunities, which are held on Saturdays and Sundays
- Family therapy on an as-needed basis
- Medication management services with a psychiatrist
- Activity therapies, including pet therapy
- Thorough discharge planning
This program incorporates The Hazelden Curriculum, 12-step model for recovery, and motivational interviewing within the services provided, and the compassionate staff is well-trained in administering care that has been proven effective for countless adults.
Step 3: Discharge & Continuing Care Planning
Addiction treatment discharge planning for continuing care
Once a man or woman has completed treatment in the Chemical Dependency Program, the discharge plan devised will be put into action. We can assist you or your loved one in beginning a lower level of care or provide you with referrals that can meet your or your loved one’s unique needs.
If you or someone you care about is in need of exceptional a mental health or chemical dependency treatment program, look no further than Harbor Oaks Hospital in New Baltimore, MI.
We offer a variety of psychiatric and behavioral health treatment programs for all ages:
Children & Adolescents (Ages 4-17)
- Inpatient Treatment: Acute care that stabilizes children & adolescents treating anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, autism spectrum disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), learning disorders, and conduct disorders.
- Specialized Inpatient Treatment: Acute care unit specifically designed to stabilize children & adolescents who face a developmental disability, such as autism, in addition to behavioral & psychiatric concerns
Adults (Ages 18 – 54)
- Inpatient Treatment: 24/7 care aimed at stabilizing adult patients facing mental health disorders and addiction
- Partial Hospitalization Treatment: Less-intensive care for adult patients that takes place 5 days per week for adults with depression, anxiety, or self-injurious behavior
Older Adults (Ages 55+)
- Inpatient Treatment: Intensive care that stabilizes older adults & provides health maintenance programming. Furthermore, reality-oriented groups are offered in our older adult inpatient program for patients who are struggling with dementia and/or other cognitive concerns.
Our intake department is staffed with licensed clinicians who are available to offer assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Prospective patients have the option of either calling our intake department or walking into the hospital when they are ready to begin the admissions process. The staff at Harbor Oaks Hospital will conduct a comprehensive evaluation that assesses our patients’ needs for various levels of care, and will then verify benefits with the patients’ health insurance companies.
Following this evaluation, and based on the presenting concerns provided by each individual and his or her family members, one of our doctors will give a recommendation for the most appropriate level of care. Authorization will then obtained from the patient’s insurance company, and the patient will be signed into the inpatient program or will be given the appropriate information for beginning outpatient treatment.
Harbor Oaks Hospital provides leading treatment for adolescents, adults, and older adults suffering with mental and behavioral health problems and addiction. When you choose one of our programs, our entire team works with you to assure you will receive the best possible care and treatment for you or your loved one.
We accept the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
We also accept private pay and other major insurance plans. Please call to discuss your insurance benefits.