RESPECTED LAW FIRM SERVING THE WASHINGTON, D.C. METRO AREA
Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes you are on top of the world. Other times, life can be more challenging. Problems with your family, health concerns and run-ins with the law can have far-reaching negative consequences. At these times, you need an attorney who will protect your rights and provide you with the straightforward advice you deserve to hear.
At the law office of Joel W. Anders, P.C., we have been helping families facing difficult legal issues for 38 years. Concentrating our practice on family law, probate, wills, estates, personal injury, major contract disputes and criminal defense matters, we work closely with clients to understand the situation at hand. Then we strive to reach a favorable resolution to the problem. We represent clients in Washington, D.C. and nearby Maryland communities. If we are unable to assist you, we will not hesitate to let you know. Also, we will provide information about cost upfront, so there will be no financial surprises if we move forward with your case.
REPRESENTING THE ACCUSED
There is no such thing as a small crime. A conviction results in immediate penalties such as time behind bars, heavy fines and the loss of your driver’s license. It can also negatively impact your future in other ways, preventing you from being hired for a good job, renting an apartment, obtaining a loan and even getting accepted into certain schools.
Because the stakes are high, it is important to fight the charge aggressively. At the law office of Joel W. Anders, we vigorously defend clients charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes in state and federal courts. We represent individuals in Washington, D.C. and nearby Maryland communities.
EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE
Our office handles criminal defense cases involving:
- DWI/DUI: Drunk driving charges leave you facing serious consequences. Our firm provides defense representation in DWI/DUI as well as other traffic violation cases.
- Drug charges: From possession to trafficking, state and federal drug crimes can result in jail time, fines and confiscation of property.
- Theft offenses: Shoplifting and theft may seem minor, but depending on the value of the allegedly stolen items, theft cases may be felonies and leave you facing jail.
- Domestic assault: If you are accused of domestic violence, it is especially important to have legal counsel that understands these charges and how to protect your rights.
- Sex crimes: We work to protect the rights of clients facing different degrees of sex offenses, including rape, sexual assault, solicitation and prostitution.
- White collar crimes: Embezzlement, fraud, forgery and other white collar crimesmay be charged in state or federal court. You need an attorney who can handle either situation.
Whether this is your first interaction with the criminal justice system or you have had previous convictions, we can help. We will listen to your story without judgment and then launch an independent investigation into the charge against you. We will carefully evaluate all evidence before developing a solid defense strategy.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER TODAY
If you have been charged with a crime, you must act quickly to defend yourself. Contact us online or call our office at 202-644-9609 to arrange a free initial consultation.