Shawn is the owner of The Head Law Firm, PLC. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He is a top Livonia DUI Attorney who specializes in various areas of law practice!
Shawn was named one of Metro Detroit’s Top Lawyers for 2014 and 2018 by DBusiness Magazine. He has also been selected as a Rising Star by Michigan Super Lawyers since 2015.
Shawn graduated Cum Laude from Central Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice. While attending Central Michigan, Shawn was a member of Phi Sigma Phi National Fraternity, and he served as the Chapter President for two years. He then went on to law school where he graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law with a Juris Doctor Degree.
In addition to practicing law, Shawn serves as the National Director of Risk Management for Phi Sigma Phi National Fraternity, Inc. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of The Phoenix Seven Foundation, a collegiate scholarship foundation. Shawn is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the State Bar of Illinois, and the Livonia Bar Association.
Law Practice Areas
When you are charged with a crime, choosing the right attorney may be one of the most important decisions of your life. When your freedom is on the line, you should choose an attorney who is willing to fight and give your case the attention it deserves. We are prepared to take each case we handle to trial. Whether it’s a minor misdemeanor or a serious felony, our firm is committed to exhausting all available resources to provide you with the best possible defense. If you need a top Livonia DUI Attorney – give Shawn a call!!
- Drunk Driving Offenses (OWI, OUID, OWVI)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Other Controlled Substances
- Retail Fraud and Other Theft Offenses
- Traffic Offenses
- Assault and Battery
- Domestic Violence
- Other Miscellaneous Misdemeanor Offenses
- Representation and Advice for Criminal Offenses
DRIVER LICENSE RESTORATION
We all know how important it is to have a valid driver’s license in Michigan. In the “Motor City,” public transportation is not the greatest. We understand that you likely need the legal ability to drive to get to work. If you lost your driver’s license after multiple drunk driving offenses, let The Head Law Firm help restore your driving privileges. Attention to detail is key in driver’s license restoration matters. You will find that we will go above and beyond to help you get your license back. Shawn is a top Livonia DUI Attorney who will also help you regain your freedom to drive!
BUSINESS & GENERAL CIVIL LITIGATION
In business and in your personal life, conflicts happen. Sometimes litigation is unavoidable. At The Head Law Firm, our focus is always on finding ways to achieve our clients’ goals effectively and efficiently. We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of civil litigation matters. Whether you have a small collection case, a breach of contract action, or a complicated business dispute, we have the knowledge and expertise to get you the results you deserve.
- Defense of Civil Claims in District, Circuit, and Federal Courts
- Representation of Plaintiffs in Civil Claims in District, Circuit and Federal Courts
- Plaintiff and Defense Contract Litigation
- Probate Litigation
EXPUNGEMENT/SET ASIDE CONVICTION
Sometimes your past mistakes can haunt you. Maybe you’re concerned about a potential employer finding out about one of those mistakes, or maybe you just want a “clean slate.” In Michigan, certain felony and misdemeanor convictions can be set aside, or “expunged” from an individual’s public criminal record. The expungement procedure can be tricky, but we’re dedicated to streamlining the process, and we will handle the matter from start to finish. Call for a free consultation to learn whether your conviction can be set aside.
REAL ESTATE & LANDLORD/TENANT
At The Head Law Firm, we represent individual and corporate clients in several types of real estate matters. Whether you are buying or selling a property, adding a family member to a deed, signing a lease, or you are involved in real estate litigation, we can help. We also represent both landlords and tenants in eviction proceedings.
- Representation of Property Management Companies
- Representation in Litigation of Real Estate Matters
- Preparation of Real Estate Documents
- Real Estate Closings
- Drafting of Formal Real Estate Contracts
- Leasing and Housing Legal Advice
- Defense of Private Corporations in District, Circuit and Federal Courts
- Defense of Municipalities in District, Circuit, and Federal Courts
- Plaintiff and Defense in General Commercial Litigation Matters
- General Business Dispute
- Business Entity Formation (LLCs, Corporations, Partnerships)
- Business Entity Purchases and Sales
- Will Preparation and Drafting
- Probate Matters (Decedent Estates, Guardianships)
- Other Miscellaneous Legal Document Drafting
The Head Law Firm, PLC is a comprehensive law practice in Livonia MI that provides legal advice and counsel to both corporate and individual clients, with a focus on litigation