Sterling Area Health Center — Make Us Your Medical Home
This West Branch Area Treatment Center serves Sterling, West Branch and Hale Michigan. Call for assessment excellent Behavioral Health. Get Help!
The Center’s medical home approach to providing primary care is:
- focused on quality and safety
The Sterling Area Health Center –
Combining Leadership and Teamwork to Provide Caring, High Quality, Efficient, and Affordable Primary Health Care for All Segments of the Community
Sterling Area Health Center is a Joint Commissionaccredited, Federally Qualified Health Center. The center has five locations in Arenac, Iosco, and Ogemaw Counties. The center offers a wide variety of services including family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, gynecology, psychiatry, dentistry, clinical social work, medical nutrition, substance abuse treatment, and health education. In addition, we offer assistance with medications and laboratory.
Most insurances are accepted. No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay; and there is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available.
Sterling Area Health Center is a Joint Commission accredited and Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan designated Primary Care Medical Home.
We are also a FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act) Deemed facility.
Sterling Area Health Center is celebrating over 35 years of exceptional health care!
Partnering with Patients to Provide Your Medical Home
- Patient-centered: A partnership among practitioners, patients, and their families ensures that decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences, and that patients have the education and support they need to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Comprehensive Using a Team Approach: A team of care providers is wholly accountable for a patient’s physical, dental and behavioral health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care.
- Coordinated: Care is organized across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, community services and supports.
- Accessible: Patients are able to access services with shorter waiting times, “after hours” care, enhanced telephone access and strong communication through health technology innovations.
This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee.
Announcing our new Patient Portal! This new tool offers many features to better serve you such as a way to request refills on prescriptions, viewing and requesting your medical records, checking on your scheduled upcoming appointments, and other resources. Patients need to be registered to access the portal site. Forms are available at the front desk at each site.
Once registered click on the following link: Sterling Area Health Center Patient Portal